String Theorists who switch to quantum computing can look forward to the following perks:
- No Loop Gravity crackpots to drive you crazy.
- No Peter Woit telling everyone that you are a B.S. artist.
- No need to reassure people that you are not at all like Lubos Motl or any other Stalin wannabes.
- Unlike string theorists, quantum computerists are funded by the Military. The Military believe in you (or your lethal potential).
- You will finally stand out: Instead of competing against Ed Witten and the likes of him, you’ll be competing against people about as intelligent as Ed Witten’s hamster.
- Takes 2 weeks instead of 1 decade to master the subject.
- Same as in String Theory: no need to do Physics if you don’t want to (just do quantum complexity theory).
- Only 3+1 dimensions.
- Only one particle, the qubit.
- More than one machine to do experiments on. Machines not as big as a city.
- Predicts something.
- We also have multiverse crackpots/mystics.
- If you can’t get a job in the Physics department, you can always get one in the Mechanical Engineering one. (If you don’t believe me, check out Seth Lloyd)